Lentils and sausage stew
- 1 cup of lentils
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 tomato
- 1 chicken stock cube (Maggi)
- 4 italian sausages
- rosemary, thyme, bay leaves
- black pepper to taste
- Cook the lentils in salted water, for 30 min.
- While the lentils are cooking, brown the shallots in the olive oil
- Add the tomato and sliced carrots.
- Stir a few minutes.
- Add the stock cube diluted in 1 cup of water and add the herbs
- Cook the sausage in a pan, without fat. When they are almost done, cut in
pieces and add to the carrots, without pouring the rendered fat.
- Drain the lentils and add to the the rest. Stir for an additional 10 min.
- Add black pepper, and optionally a spoonful of cream (french cream, not sour cream)