- 2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 3 tbs. lukewarm water
- 3 tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 sachet de sucre vanille
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbs. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup warm milk
- 4 tbs. (50g) butter, room temp.
- orange blossom water to taste
- 1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tsp. milk
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Stir in flour and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let stand until foamy (10mn).
- In mixer, combine flour sugar and salt.
- At low speed add egg, milk and orange blossom water, increase to medium
and knead 5mn.
- Add butter and knead 5mn.
- Add sponge.
- Knead until dough is smooth and elastic, adding flour as needed. (7-10mn)
- Let rise until doubled.
- Punch dough, add chocolate chips if any.
- Form dough into small balls for individual pieces or into one big
- Let rise 45mn.
- Brush with the egg yolk mixture.
- Bake until golden brown (15-20mn for small brioches)